Reports to: Vice President for Marketing and Corporate Partnerships
Supervises: (1) PR & Events Officer, (2) Digital and Social Media Officer, (3) Graphic Design Officer
Base: WWF-Philippines Quezon City Headquarters, Occasional trips to project sites around the country
- Internal: Management Committee, Project Managers, Consultants, Corporate Partnerships Unit, as well as the Individual Donor Program Unit
- External: Media, Partner Institutions, Media Advisory Group, suppliers and service providers
Organize and coordinate all internal and external marketing and membership communications; with the goal of creating awareness among target audiences, increasing WWF’s credibility and visibility, communicating conservation results and success stories in order to stimulate information exchange, interaction and to spur positive action.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the tasks of a good media planner, making sure that all WWF programs and relevant news are given the proper media mileage through the proper channels.
- Monitor all relevant media channels for news on WWF and other relevant information that may have positive or negative implications to WWF and the work it does.
- Develop Individual Donor and Member communications (e.g. letters, updates, FAQ’s etc.)
- Develop communication materials for internal and/or intermediate audiences such as individual donor recruiter or fund raising volunteers.
- Maintain an archive of all relevant communication materials including those sent to the donor and member base.
- Draft and implement annual marketing and membership media plan in coordination with the Marketing unit.
- Create and maintain a solid network in media.
- Coordinate and manage Media Advisory Group, arrange meetings and content of meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinate with suppliers on all communication materials to ensure quality, correct positioning, and brand standards - ensuring all service providers have the necessary information / visuals / publications required to fulfill their duties.
- Serve as resource person in program and project activities.
- Serve as the face of WWF-Philippines by hosting/facilitating internal and external events as well as media interviews (i.e. radio and TV guestings).
- Coordinate content across all contributors and ensure content placements across all channels according to plan.
- Coordinate with project managers on clearing necessary facts on all communications and collateral and gathering information when required.
- Develop and expand advertising and PR strategy/tactics and channels in coordination with suppliers and the entire Marketing team.
- Implement advertising and PR strategy/tactics by coordinating all events and media roll out with appropriate service providers.
- Forecast awareness levels and be accountable for meeting these objectives indicated by TOM awareness by end of first year (in marketing plan).
- Coordinate media buys with agencies and make contacts with media for free airtime, ad space, etc.
- Recommend media plan with management/Board and agencies to ensure highest potential of target market reach given budget constraints.
- Plan and implement market research with appropriate research company.
- Administrative Support
- Create and monitor media proposals.
- Handle communication (incoming and outgoing of assigned program/projects).
- Ensure timely requesting/processing/releasing/liquidating of project funds.
- Media and Marketing Plan
- Media and Communications Budgets
- Formation of Media Advisory Group
- Market Research
- Data as requested
- Incoming and outgoing communications attended to
- Network of media
- Articles for press releases and feature articles as requested
- Content for website, blogs, podcasts, banner ads, radio
- Edited manuscripts as requested
- Quarterly report – Media and Marketing Plan
- At least 5 years of experience doing similar work.
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team.
- Strong and wide media connections prior to joining WWF.
- Mastery in writing press releases, creative, as well as descriptive stories both in English and Tagalog.
- Comfortable with public speaking and media interviews both in English and Tagalog.
- Knowledgeable in the environmental and conservation issues of the Philippines and the world.
- Preferably a candidate with excellent photography skills.
- Must be a team player and an enabler.
QUALIFICATIONS ARE STRICT
Have what it takes? Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Human Resources team will only get back to qualified applicants.
Email subject format: POSITION_LASTNAME