WWF-Philippines is going to implement a Fishery Improvement Project (FIP) on the Blue Swimming Crab (BSC) in the Visayan Sea. In partnership with the Philippine Association of Crab Producers, Inc. (PACPI), the project goal is the sustainability of the BSC, with the specific target of preparing the site toward certification by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC). The project site is initially focusing on the 6 municipalities of northern Negros from Talisay to Sagay for the first 18 months of the project, with the intention to expand to Northern Iloilo, Guimaras and Bantayan over the course of the 4-year project time frame. The positions will be based in northern Negros.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- At the site level, he/she coordinates activities to ensure timely and effective implementation of annual work plans and targets including the collection of data for monitoring of project performance. Exercises excellent coordination work in site-based activities.
- Builds effective working relationships and facilitates the involvement and participation of the appropriate community stakeholders and other partners to support the implementation of project activities.
- Supports in the monitoring and provides liaison and logistical assistance to the Site Coordinator to ensure delivery of target objectives.
- Develops local strategies to engage the stakeholders, such as resource mobilization and organization building.
- Prepares and make presentations of updates on field work and assist the Site Coordinator in the preparation of site work and financial plans and timely progress reports on project progress.
- Prepares drafts and/or provides inputs in the preparation of information, education and communication (IEC) materials, e.g. press releases and other IEC materials designed to raise awareness and build capacity of stakeholders.
- University or advanced degree in development or social work with background on community organizing, fisheries science/management, marine biology or related natural resource management.
Have what it takes? Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Our Human Resources team will only get back to qualified applicants.
Email subject format: POSITION_LASTNAME