Location: Based in Metro Manila, Philippines with travel to local key tourism destination cities
- Internal: Project Managers, Marketing Unit most especially overall Graphic Artist
- External: General public, target market
- Reports to: Integrated Marketing Communications Specialist
Tourism is a burgeoning industry in the Philippines, with growth rates of 10% in tourist arrivals and 15% in visitor expenditures. Further, tourism contributes to 5% of global carbon emissions, and is seen to increase by 150% between 2005 and 2035 if no mitigation measures are taken. The Philippine food service sector, a key link in the tourism value chain, amounts to 4.3 billion USD, with restaurants comprising 87% of the food service sector in the Philippines. Wasted food may represent as much as 10 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions, and is a main contributor to deforestation and the depletion of global water sources.
WWF is anticipating a forthcoming 3-year Project, Establish Low Carbon Consumption and Production in the Philippines with a focus on transforming foodservice, particularly dining establishments in key tourism destination cities around the country, into a low carbon industry.
Provide the graphic communication and design needs including but not limited to the following:
- Generic Communications Materials (infographics, newsletters, EDMs, social media images and memes, brochures, posters, videos)
- Corporate Partner Care Materials (donor reports, project brochures/progress reports, infographics)
- Program and Project Campaign Materials (program reports, posters, collateral materials)
- Media Materials (media data packets, reports)
- Event Collateral Materials (posters, pull-up banners, IDs)
- Website development, design and imagery
- Merchandise designs
- Special brochures and information packets for external and internal users
- Manages efficiently the resources of WWF. This includes ensuring resources are used in a sustainable way and identifying ways for reducing the overall consumption of finite resources
- Takes responsibility in the safekeeping, proper use and upkeep of WWF equipment in the office and in the field (i.e. computers, vehicles, etc.)
- Handles cash advances and liquidates the same within required period per project and WWF policy.
Managing Information and Knowledge
- Upholds the intellectual property rights of WWF across all communications and merchandising/licensing programs.
- Ensures professionalism in conducting business within and outside WWF.
- Participates in official activities of WWF (e.g. Quarterly Meetings, Strategic Planning) when participation is so required
- Upholds the high quality standard of WWF’s work and actively advocates the institution’s Vision, Mission and Strategies.
- Internalizes the values of WWF and practices the work ethics of the institution.
- Evaluates own knowledge, skills and competence in the light of job requirements and personal aspirations, plan your development, develop our knowledge, skills and competence in line with your plans and evaluate your learning and development.
- Graduate of any university degree
- 1-2 years of work experience in related field
- Extensive quality portfolio
- Demonstrates mastery in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, preferrably Adobe Flash
- Preferrably skilled at illustration and animation
- Knowledgable on climate change
As an equal employment opportunity employer, WWF does not discriminate based on an applicant’s race, religion, sex, gender, or disability status. To reduce use of paper, submissions by mail will not be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications, inquiries via phone cannot be accepted.
To apply, submit a cover letter, and your resume of no more than two (2) pages, by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: "SCP_GA_[first name initial_middle name initial_full last name]" no later than 31 May 2017.