Reports to: Vice President for Marketing and Resource Generation
Work Station: WWF-Philippines Quezon City Headquarters
Internal to WWF-Philippines:
- Vice President for Marketing and Resource Generation
- Communications Team, Individual Donor Program Team and Corporate Partnerships Team as needed
- Accounting & Finance Department
- Human Resources, Administration & Procurement Department
- WWF Projects
External to WWF-Philippines:
- WWF Supporters
- WWF Donors
- WWF Corporate Partners and potential corporate partners
- General Public
- Accredited Suppliers/Vendors of WWF & Potential Third Party Suppliers for WWF
Primary responsibility is to plan, coordinate, and oversee merchandise sourcing, sales, distribution, and reporting. Supports the day-to-day affairs of the Vice President for Marketing in terms of merchandise development, clerical support and/or administration. The officer must oversee different categories of products (online and on-site) and help coordinate inventory with marketing campaigns. In this role, s/he recommends which merchandise needs a special marketing campaign and what's performing well on its own in various outlets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Clerical or Administrative Responsibilities:
- Responsible for communication and coordination with donors and corporate partners regarding merchandise.
- Represents WWF, together with other staff, during exhibits and other functions
- Coordinates with corporate partners for payments and issues Certificates of Donation
- Liaise with support services of WWF with regards to the merchandise cycle
- Messengerial requests;
- Processing of payments in coordination with Finance and Accounting Units;
- Arranges transportation and provides necessary requirements for fulfillment of merchandise orders and/or events requiring merchandise;
- Prepare and send Certificates of Donation to donors.
- Responsible for coordinating with third-party service providers and suppliers
- Create and maintain an efficient filing and inventory – for merchandise, supplies, documents such as contacts, etc.
- Monthly finance reporting for Marketing and budget monitoring against planned expenses
- Coordinate with banks for donation submissions and/or recurring payments.
- Accomplish administrative tasks requested by the Vice President for Marketing such as filing of TACAPs, liquidations, CAs, consultancy fees, etc.
- Coordinate with the staff of other WWF regional and global offices with regards to merchandise inquiries and orders
Research and Technical Responsibilities:
- Research and monitoring of merchandise trends, relevant developments, and general market trends (i.e. internet, publications)
- Monitors customer feedback channels: telephone hotline, internet/website, payment channels, in coordination with Marketing unit and service providers
- Analyzes market profiles of merchandise purchasers and recommends products suitable to them
- Ensures compliance with WWF policies, values, ethical and legal frameworks.
- Adheres to WWF’s brand guidelines in developing merchandise
Managing People & Relations
- Provides good customer service to the members, prospective donors and corporate partners.
- Attend regular staff meetings and participates in regular planning and assessment meetings with staff vis-à-vis set plans.
Merchandise Planning & Preparation:
- Oversee merchandise sourcing with suppliers in accordance to procurement policies of WWF-Philippines
- Coordinate the merchandise designs with Communications Team for branding approval
- Responsible for SKUs and accounts for losses and damages.
- Manage the production of the merchandise and put in place a quality compliant source and manage the requirements and of third party suppliers (manufacturers, distributors and couriers) relevant to the needs of the unit.
- Proactively seek out potential venues for selling (i.e. weekend markets, bazaars, schools, company events etc.)
- Develop a customer care program for merchandise customers with the objective of increased customer acquisition and increased average revenue per customer
- Coordinate with other members of the Marketing Team for potential merchandise opportunities.
- Research on competitor merchandise
- Distribute quarterly produce lines as approved by Vice President for Marketing and Resource Generation and Communications and Media Manager
- Coordinate the delivery of the merchandise inclusive of delivery tracking and donation reporting tools from WWF-Philippines to customer
- Day-to-day coordination with retail company/distributor/establishment for the sale of merchandise
- Respond to merchandise inquiry emails and process online orders in a timely and appropriate manner
- Track, monitor and report expenses
- Compile cost estimates, quotations, invoices, receipts, and delivery receipts
- Coordinate with finance and accounting for supplier payments and correspond with suppliers for the pick-up of their payments
- Coordinate, complete, and comply with the required documents of Procurement Department in the ordering of merchandise
- Conduct a monthly inventory count of merchandise
- Create and manage customer database to add to the WWF supporter database
- Track and Generate Monthly Sales Reports including online sales via website
- Track and Generate Monthly Inventory Reports
- Submit Customer Database Information to be used for marketing plans, donor conversion and merchandise promotion/offers
Managing People & Relations
- Provides excellent customer service to the members, prospective customers and corporate partners
- Attend regular staff meetings and participates in regular planning and assessment meetings with staff vis-à-vis set plans
- Manages the resources of WWF
- Ensures that resources are used in a sustainable way and identifying ways to reduce overall energy and materials consumption of finite resources
- Takes responsibility in the safekeeping, proper use, and upkeep of WWF equipment in the office and in the field
Managing Information and Knowledge
- Upholds the intellectual property rights of WWF over data and information on its customers
Duties assigned by supervisor
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by supervisor from time to time
We are looking for a dynamic, market-savvy individual to handle WWF's merchandise in the Philippines. You will be integral in planning and executing product lines that are relevant in today’s market and in line with the advocacies of WWF-Philippines. You will have a hand in pioneering new markets for our products. In line with these, you will meet with a lot of people in product development and sales.
The successful candidate will:
- Have retail experience preferably in the fashion or entertainment industry
- Possess an outgoing and people-oriented personality
- Be interested in latest market trends and creatively develop products to ride on those trends
- Be someone who thinks out of the box
- Skilled in numbers and be able to quickly assess if an endeavor is worth the effort
- Familiar with import and export laws
Have what it takes? Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Human Resources team will only get back to qualified applicants.
Email subject format: POSITION_LASTNAME