Area of Assignment: Bacolod City. Travels within Negros Occidental and periodically reports to WWF HQ in Quezon City
Reports to: Project Manager
Internal: Interacts with the Project Manager for AgriClima, VP for Sustainable Production and Market Engagements (SPME), SPME Project Managers, HR, Accounting, Communications and Marketing.
External: BPI and BPI Foundation Officers, Third Party Consultants, MUAD-Negros Officers, Provincial Government Offices (i.e. PEMO), Partner Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Organizations (ARBOs), National and Local Government Officials most particularly the SRA, DA and DENR and its concerned bureaus, NGOs and CSOs, community stakeholders, business support organizations (BSOs), people’s organizations (POs), academic and research institutions and other aligned agencies
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Site Coordinator will provide support and assistance in the project activities related to the implementation of the WWF and BPI partnership project on Climate Proofing Agricultural Landscapes (AgriClima) in alliance with MUAD-Negros. Specifically, the Site Coordinator is tasked to undertake the following duties and activities:
- Provides on-site coordination, monitoring and logistical support to the implementation of the WWF and BPI partnership project on Climate Proofing Agricultural Landscapes (AgriClima) in alliance with MUAD-Negros, as the business development and agricultural services provider and third party consultants who will undertake resource assessments;
- Liaises with local project stakeholders that include government line agencies, provincial and municipal government offices, the private sector, civil society organizations and farmers group to implement key components of the project;
- Assists in the organizing meetings, dialogues and roundtable discussion with key project stakeholders;
- Provides training support and technical assistance to partner ARBOs and smallholder farmer cooperators;
- Prepares and provides presentations and regular and ad hoc reports as required;
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Relative experience in working with a multi-stakeholder group particularly local and national government agencies, private sector, farmers organizations, business support organizations and other agriculture stakeholders;
- Strong community organizing, coordination and liaising skills.
- Has the ability to work effectively and efficiently individually or in a team set-up;
- Strong data gathering and analytical skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel in project areas;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Fluency in Ilonggo and Cebuano, written and oral, is a MUST
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness, environment or any related field;
- Experience in working with communities particularly sugarcane farmers and stakeholders.
Have what it takes? Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Our Human Resources team will only get back to qualified applicants.
Email subject format: POSITION_LASTNAME