Area of assignment: WWF-Philippines Quezon City Headquarters
Reports to: President and CEO
The Vice President for Sustainable Production and Market Engagement (SPME) is responsible for establishing medium to long-term strategies for the development, promotion, and mainstreaming of sustainable production of food, water, and energy with relevant private and public sector partners in alignment with WWF Philippines Strategic Plan and WWF Global Goals. S/he is in charge of instituting and systemizing the M&E function, establishing results and performance standards; ensuring alignment with the global program and targets of WWF; ensuring the use of wise practices in project design; presenting papers in conferences and peer-reviewed journals; establish cooperative linkages between KKPFI and prospective local and international donors and partners, government and private sector entities, NGOs and People’s Organizations; negotiate funding arrangements; and provide advice to the President and Board of Trustees on issues affecting and of interest to the organization.
The VP-SPME is also responsible for overseeing the implementation of existing projects and programs including implementation of regional and sub-regional projects. S/he maintains and establishes a system of communications and cooperative linkages between and among field project sites and partner institutions and agencies. S/he ensures proper coordination and implementation of program work and financial plans for the timely delivery and achievement of conservation results. S/he provides technical and administrative support in collaboration with the other concerned units of the organization.
S/he must have the necessary knowledge in applying scientific sustainability principles, its benchmarks and/or certification standards and safeguards but not limited to the following: Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Bonsucro, Aquaculture Stewardship Council, Global Aquaculture Alliance standards, Round Table Forum on Palm Oil, Smart Agriculture and other sustainable production improvement programs for relevant commodities, renewable energy and other emerging adaptive technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop project proposals for funding and engagement of local and international private sector stakeholders
- Initiate or establish the mechanism for market engagement towards sustainable production and consumption
- Recruit staff for project implementation
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Facilitate preparation or updating of 5-year Strategic Plans.
- Conduct annual Project Managers (PM) assessment & planning meetings with PMs.
- Prepare annual report to President/ CEO using lifecycle tracking, input-output and impact indicators.
- Conduct mid-year PM planning meetings (every July).
- Facilitate participatory evaluation of terminating projects including documentation of proceedings.
- Prepare annual reports to WWF-International (APRAMP, etc).
- Ensure active inputs (e.g. project reports, funding status) of Project Managers into WWF Project Database. Create new entries for new projects.
- Review, consolidate and finalize project reports in coordination with Corporate Partnership Officer or Grants Manager/Project Development Unit.
- Assess the performance of project managers.
- Develop, recommend, obtain approval and ensure implementation of specific policies and procedures with regard to program implementation.
- Submit papers to conferences and peer-reviewed journals. Deliver speeches and lectures and act as resource person in seminars, conferences as may be required.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with all programme/project partners e.g. LGU, National Agencies, Business Sector, POs, and other NGOs
- Directly supervise all the field projects under the SPME unit.
- Assist in the finalization and submission of project reports in coordination with PD/Grants officer or Corporate Partnerships Officer.
- Relationship management for all programme donors and institutions
- The candidate should have knowledge on the issues relevant to:
- Energy/ carbon footprint including climate change
- Commodities (crops, meat, fish and wood) footprint
- Water footprint
- 10+ years working experience with 5 years at management level developing and implementing projects
- Excellent science/sustainability orientation with good communication and negotiation skills
- Master’s degree in science, environment/sustainability-related programs preferred or its equivalent in work experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties are advised to submit their curriculum vitae and other pertinent documents by email with subject heading “VP-LastName" to:
KABANG KALIKASAN NG PILIPINAS FOUNDATION, INC.
JBD Plaza, No. 65 Mindanao Avenue,
Bagong Pag-asa, Quezon City, 1105
Deadline for submission is on April 21, 2017
We will respond to qualified candidates only.